Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Venting Buddies

Friends are a good thing, and really good friends are a God thing. We all need friends who will stick with us through the hard times, as well as the good. In AA we especially need friends in the fellowship who will allow us to vent about what is bothering us in a non-judgmental way. These friends, being in AA, know our issues and they realize how important it is for us to get things off our chest.

I like to call these friends 'venting buddies.' I am grateful to have venting buddies I can dump my crap on, and I'm glad to allow them the same courtesy. We need each other, and we use each other to unload. After the venting is done we can encourage and make suggestions, but the venting must be allowed to happen. As alcoholics we have a tendency to keep things inside, and that is not good. Thank God for venting buddies.