Thursday, July 29, 2010

One Day At A Time

Living one day at a time is very wise.

Yesterday is gone forever. It went away and left us with its
mistakes and cares, its faults and blunders, its aches and
pains. Yesterday has passed beyond our control. All
the money in the world cannot bring back yesterday. We
cannot undo a single act we performed. We cannot erase a
single word we said. Yesterday is gone forever.

Another day we should not worry about is tomorrow. No
matter how much we worry about it or plan for it we cannot
actually live it until it gets here. And if we are fearful of what
may happen tomorrow we relinquish our ability to enjoy today.
Most of the things we worry about don't materialize anyway, so
why worry?

Living for today is best. We can handle one day much better.
Today I can choose to look for the good. Today I can choose
to love and forgive, smile and laugh.  Today I can choose to
enjoy myself.

Sure, there will be challenges along the way, and probably
somebody will say something, or do something, I don't like
but that is okay.  That's life.  Today I choose to go out of my
way to relax and enjoy.